This is a group of autoimmune diseases characterized by blisters, sloughing, and ulceration of the gums. Only a special biopsy can determine which of these diseases you have. The treatment is topical steroids with or without oral medication. These diseases can be very painful and can also involve the skin or even the eyes, in which case blindness is possible if severe enough and left untreated. If you think that you may have something like that described above, see a periodontist for a proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Navigating Gum & Tooth Abscess Home Remedies: Effective Approaches and Common Missteps September 2, 2023
- Beware of These Culprits: Foods That Are Bad for Periodontal Health August 5, 2023
- Questions to Ask a Periodontist During Your Consultation: Insights from West Houston Periodontics in Houston, Texas July 4, 2023
- Gingivitis Unchecked: The Risks of Untreated Gum Disease June 3, 2023
- Periodontitis linked to increased risk of Atrial Fibrillation May 4, 2023