This is a group of autoimmune diseases characterized by blisters, sloughing, and ulceration of the gums. Only a special biopsy can determine which of these diseases you have. The treatment is topical steroids with or without oral medication. These diseases can be very painful and can also involve the skin or even the eyes, in which case blindness is possible if severe enough and left untreated. If you think that you may have something like that described above, see a periodontist for a proper diagnosis and treatment.
- The Importance of Professional Dental Cleaning for Periodontal Health March 4, 2023
- The Benefits of Dental Implants for Replacing Missing Teeth February 4, 2023
- Is Bad Breath a Symptom of Periodontitis? January 4, 2023
- Four health conditions have been linked to gum disease December 6, 2022
- The Worst Things You Can Do For Your Oral Health November 1, 2022